Marketplace Payment Notice
These are general Payment Policy guidelines. If you were given a paper agreement, or link to an online page of your specific agreement, that one supersedes this agreement.
These Terms of Service have been in effect since 2011. Since these terms may change over time, we include a statement along with each PayPal and paper Invoice as a reminder to view these terms for any updates or changes. By accepting services through Elegant Empire, each client is bound to the terms listed below. . These terms can be viewed by any internet enabled device at:
1. Service Fees
- Frequency of service
- Number of floors
- Number of furnishings inside the property
- Number of pets, if any, in the house
- Floor type needed to be cleaned. As an example, wood floors take nearly twice as long to clean as vacuuming a rug floor, so a house with all wood flooring will be priced higher than one with all carpeting.
- Level of dust, dirt, grime accumulation that needs to be cleaned as compared to an average home or business
- Distance of property from our available staff.
- Number of figurines, pictures frames, furniture, and other household items that need dusting or moving to clean around.
- Request for special cleaning solutions not used by mainstream cleaning personnel.
Pricing for service is NOT based on a “per job” basis. We offer an hourly rate so that clients have control over the amount of money they are able and willing to spend for the service, and so they are better able to see that we are VERY price competitive, even when compared to cleaners that work “under the table”.
In addition, it allows cleaning associates to have a clear idea of how much they will earn for each job. It also eliminates abuse from clients that will progressively add more and more to the list of tasks that need to be cleaned, often times exceeding the amount that was agreed upon. And most importantly, this also protects clients from shoddy work performed by cleaning associates that have the habit of working at a much faster pace just to finish faster and earn “more per hour” worked. It is a win-win-win formula that has proved to work for our business model.
5. Not Happy with service
In other words, being unhappy with the level of workmanship provided is NOT grounds for non-payment of labor fees. If the work is NOT to your satisfaction, please see our service guarantee listed above; #3. As an alternative, we may offer a partial refund or credit that reflects the amount of TIME it would take to redo the work in question. Furthermore, we will return any key/s to a client once the final invoice has been processed.
3. Service Guarantee
As a reminder, we may exercise our right to refuse future service to any client that calls to make workmanship complaints that, after further inspection, ARE within industry standards.
9. 2018 California Service Worker Protection Act
This bill was passed as a law in 2018 by Governor Brown to protect service workers and companies from WAGE THEFT by businesses and other entities. Please be aware, that any business or entity in violation of this law may be subject to steep fines that may range from $5,000 and up for each occurrence.
7. Terms and termination
10. California Law
4. Payments due times
- Due date for Residential cleaning service: Payments are due on the day of service.
- Due Date for Vacancy Cleaning Service: Payments are due in advance through our PayPal Business Merchant account. We will forward you an invoice for the estimated amount. This needs to be paid BEFORE the work is done. If it is not paid, we cannot provide you with service. If you do not have a PayPal account or do not wish to pay through them, we only accept cash as an alternative payment method.
- Due Date for Business Cleaning services: Payments are due on a net 15 basis. As an example, if cleaning is provided for the month of January we will invoice you for that month and it is due within a reasonable amount of time after that. By reasonable we mean within 15 days. Unfortunately, we are not in the business of making loans. So if you need more time to make payments, simply add a credit card to your PayPal account and then pay for services based on the terms of your credit card, or establish a line of credit to pay your debts.
8. Our Collection Process for past due accounts
1 – 2 weeks Past Due. If a payment is not received within 7 -14 days after we provided you with an invoice for the amount due for services rendered, we will re-send an invoice through PayPal, by email, and by text.
2 – 4 weeks Past Due. If a payment is not received after 14 days from the due date, we will make an attempt to contact you by any means necessary to remind you of the past due account. We will once again send out a duplicate invoice through any means possible AND attempt to contact you over the phone to try and resolve the issue amicably.
1 month Past Due. After a month has passed, and after we’ve exhausted all our efforts to collect the past due amounts for services rendered, we will take one or more of the following legal steps necessary to collect what is owed to the company. If your account has reached this point, we would like to remind you that besides the past due amounts, we may add additional fees to the amount owe:
- Third-party collection agency
- Small claims lawsuit filing
- Mechanics lien filing
- Mechanics lien removal
- Attorney fees
- Documentation fees
ALL accounts past due 30 days or more are subject to any one of the following legal tools to collect the amount due:
Mechanics lien. For a residential past due amount, we can opt to file a mechanics lien on the property where the work was performed.
Collections agency. Depending on the situation, we may hire a collections agency to recover the amount due. A $50 late fee will be added to your account every month and will be the amount the collection agency will be instructed to collect. Please be aware that once we hire a collections agency, we will no longer arbitrate with you directly. Also, this will negatively impact your credit score.
Small Claims Lawsuit. Depending on the amount owed, we may file a small claims lawsuit for the amount owed, plus attorney and other fees appropriate for the situation and time involved to get through the process.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, the violation of these Terms by you, or the infringement by you, or other users of the Site using your computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. The Site reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
2. Payment options | Residential | Commercial | Vacation rental
Here are the payment options:
We have a card(credit) on file for a client and are authorized to run a service charge on the day of service.
If we do not have a card on file, we will email you an Invoice with a link to access and process the payment on your own. Please note that we cannot schedule service
If we do not have a credit card on file AND a reservation is not made at least 24 hours in advance. In order to maximize our user experience and minimize last minute cancellations, we do require advanced payment or to have a card on file.